CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The silver thorn of bloody rose, lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow

Its sometimes amazing how God reveals his answers to your unsolved questions, those heavy in your heart for long and those issues you have been praying for. My previous blogs were written with much grief... Memories seep through my veins as I wrote them, remindful of the different emotional hurt and downs I had lived through for the past years.

Ytd's sunday service turned out to be on emotional healing. I was supposed to go FCBC with Adelene today but she can't make it as there is a shoot in Pulau Ubin. I ended up going to Lighthouse Tampines instead.

Pastor Henry was going through Luke 4 : 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.

The emotional hurts we went through in our lives left scars and many are knots untied inside our heart. Can we be healed, how or in fact do we want to be healed in the first place? These two are very important questions.










John 5 1:9 One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, “Do you want to be healed?” 7 The sick man answered him, “Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me.” 8 Jesus said to him, “Get up, take up your bed, and walk.” 9 And at once the man was healed, and he took up his bed and walked.
Now that day was the Sabbath.


In this verse, the man was willing and he was, healed by God. Emotional wounds and scars... they are different. In this preach, a deeper study into the differences were done.

My thoughts are Scars are those that healed, wounds are those still open and bleeding. Many people, including myself find it convenient to say "We are products of our past", aren't we? We are no doubt. History is what shapes the presence. But today we shape tomorrow's history as well. Presently we create what we call the past that determines what we will be the day after.

In such difficult times of uncertainties, confusion and delusion, what will we do at present? What do desire at heart? I love God for he first loved me, not because I was good. For I had sinned, was as badly crushed upon as well in my life. Had never wanted to go heaven, neither did I never consider myself worthy.




Read it this way; most people go to hell. I'm not even "most people". I was one of the worst people. We are the people our parents warned us about when we were kids. I'm a classic.

Wounds, maybe they will heal, maybe they dun. God will decide. Scars are forever. Forgive, not forget...




-------------------------------Commercial Break----------------------------





Anyway today is deevapali... ended up going for my gym, watched a few horror movies DVD and the movie Bangkok Dangerous. So cool! Miss 楊采妮 and Nicholas Cage... Finally get to see both in this action flick. Not really a movie with much thumbs up to mention but well, at least its a very predictable bad turned good guy kind of assassin movie... But 楊采妮 is really a babe even after all these year. Funny part was I was chatting with Jac when watching this and they really look alike in some ways.








0 comments: